Keirsten Shaffer has 19 years of experience in writing, marketing, public relations, business & community development, entrepreneurship, and much more.
After graduating from SUNY Geneseo with a B.A. in Communications, Keirsten began her career by co-founding the Perry Farmers’ Market.
In 2006, her life came to a halt when she was diagnosed with Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia. Regaining her health was the biggest challenge she had ever faced. After many stops and starts, she launched two businesses: Shaffer & Associates, a small marketing & public relations agency; and Lila Pilates, LLC.
Keirsten closed Lila Pilates in 2018 in order to travel. She still manages clients through Shaffer & Associates and teaches Pilates in Washington, DC.
- The George Washington University, Healthcare Management
- The State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., Communications, Public Relations, and Journalism
Licenses & Certifications
- New York State Licensed Massage Therapist
- Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher
- Keynote Speaker, Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce Annual Women’s Summit
- Keynote Speaker, LiveStrong Golf Fundraiser
- Spokesperson, Corning’s Gaffer District Blood Drive
- Instructor, Pilates for Wyoming County Hospital’s Behavioral Health
- Instructor, Pilates for the University of Rochester
- Instructor, Pilates for Perry Central Schools
- Instructor, Pilates for Teresa House
- Instructor, Pilates for Chances & Changes
- Instructor, Yoga for Rochester’s Mental Health Association
- Instructor, Yoga for the Riverbank House
- Writer, the George Washington University’s Cancer Center
- Volunteer, Imerman Angels