Keirsten Shaffer has 19 years of experience in writing, marketing, public relations, business & community development, entrepreneurship, and much more.
After graduating from SUNY Geneseo with a B.A. in Communications, Keirsten began her career in 2001 by co-founding the Perry Farmers’ Market.
In 2006, her life came to a halt when she was diagnosed with Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia. Regaining her health was the biggest challenge she had ever faced. After four years of stops and starts, she launched two businesses: Shaffer & Associates, a small marketing & public relations agency; and Lila Pilates, LLC.
From 2010 – 2019, Keirsten served clients from Buffalo to Boston while building a steady business as a Pilates instructor, yoga teacher, and massage therapist.
After two decades of working in Western New York, she was recruited by Equinox to help launch their 101st fitness club in the heart of Washington, D.C, where she now lives.
- The George Washington University, Healthcare Management
- The State University of New York at Geneseo, B.A., Communications, Public Relations, and Journalism
Licenses & Certifications
- New York State Licensed Massage Therapist
- Nationally Certified Pilates Teacher
- Keynote Speaker, Wyoming County Chamber of Commerce Annual Women’s Summit
- Keynote Speaker, LiveStrong Golf Fundraiser
- Spokesperson, Corning’s Gaffer District Blood Drive
- Instructor, Pilates for Wyoming County Hospital’s Behavioral Health
- Instructor, Pilates for the University of Rochester
- Instructor, Pilates for Perry Central Schools
- Instructor, Pilates for Teresa House
- Instructor, Pilates for Chances & Changes
- Instructor, Yoga for Rochester’s Mental Health Association
- Instructor, Yoga for the Riverbank House
- Writer, the George Washington University’s Cancer Center
- Volunteer, Imerman Angels